MetLife Federal Vision is dedicated to better serving those who serve our country. That’s why we’re offering federal employees, retirees and their families a choice of two plan options at lower rates for 2024.
Why is vision care important?
Routine vision exams protect more than your eyes. They may also help catch early signs of serious problems, such as diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, certain cancers and other conditions.1 That’s why vision care is important even if you don’t wear glasses or contacts.
How is MetLife Federal different?
Our eye care options are designed to serve the unique needs of you and your family with:
● Lower rates in 2024
● Higher in-network frame allowances up to $360
● 100% coverage for in-network exams3
● Discounts up to 60% on routine services and eyewear 2
● Additional savings on laser vision correction, including LASIK+
● Comprehensive coverage, including eye exams, contact lenses and frames
● LightCare for protection from UV and blue light exposure
● KidsCareSM for additional eye care needs of children
● Diabetic Eyecare Plus for additional eye care needs of members with diabetes
● One of the nation’s largest networks
● Over 147,000 participating provider locations, including Costco, Walmart, America’s Best and Eyeconic.com2
● Two plan options
What does MetLife Federal Vision cover?
Our plans cover eye exams, frames and lenses.5 For these services, you can choose from thousands of participating ophthalmologists and opticians at popular retail locations as well as online eyewear stores. By staying in-network, you'll maximize your savings. Our network is made up of thousands of ophthalmologists and opticians at popular retail locations or available online at in-network eyewear stores.
Don't miss your chance to get MetLife Federal Vision. Visit https://fedvip.metlife.com/vision/ today to find the plan that’s right for you.
1 Population Health Management, The role of comprehensive eye exams in the early detection of diabetes and other chronic diseases in an employed population, https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20465530/, accessed August 2021.
2 Based on MetLife analysis. Your actual savings from enrolling in the MetLife Vision Plan will depend on various factors, including plan premiums, number of visits to an eye care professional by your family per year, and the cost of services and materials received. Be sure to review the Schedule of Benefits for your plan's specific benefits and other important details. Comparison is based on national averages and most commonly purchased brands. Annual premium used is based on employee-only rate for M130-10/25 standard plan design with employees nationwide.
3 Subject to frequency limitations.
4 As of June 2023.
5 Subject to frequency and other plan limitations. See full documents for details.